Research suggests people only gain an average of one pound during the holidays. So, that means we can eat everything we want and work off that one tiny pound later, right?

Actually, no. The real issue with typical holiday overindulgence is the impact it has on your overall progress. You’ve been working for weeks, months, maybe even years to get in shape and stay that way, and indulging for a month or two at the end of the year could pose a threat to your strong nutritional and exercise regimen.

Now, this doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the occasional holiday snack or two. And it doesn’t mean you can’t successfully maintain your progress throughout the season if you choose to allow yourself a peek at the dessert table at a holiday party. The reality is, it’s all about moderation. Don’t allow yourself to get sucked into the “well, I’ve already eaten one cookie, I guess I might as well splurge on the eggnog, pumpkin latte, and peanut brittle, too” excuse.

Avoid cramming it all in and waiting until the New Year to put your health first. There are ways to enjoy the holiday season—and everything that comes with it—without feeling guilty, halting your progress, or signing up for another weight-loss resolution to ring in the new year.

Seven Tips                        

We have seven helpful ways to keep you focused on staying healthy during what is often considered the hardest time of year to do so. We’ve even included some great suggestions from Team Isagenix personal training power couple Scott and Laura S.

Here are seven ways to stay in shape during the holidays:

  1. Substitute holiday goodies with more nutritious options: To avoid overindulging on the wrong kinds of foods, start with the right ones. Isagenix provides many great meal and snack alternatives  to help you fight the cravings. Here are some favorites: IsaLean® Shakes, Fiber Snacks™, Slim Cakes®, Whey Thins™, and four delicious flavors of IsaDelight® chocolates. You can even substitute that holiday latte with one of these great Isagenix Coffee recipes.
  2. Develop the right mindset: It all starts in your mind. Programs like Healthy Mind and Body can teach you to focus on your health goals by keeping your “Why” at the forefront of your decision-making process.
  3. Make your journey a lifestyle approach: Look beyond a temporary, quick-fix diet. When you want to live a strong, balanced lifestyle, you need to follow a plan that can carry over beyond the first few weeks of the year. Make a change in your nutrition or exercise plan that you can stick with for the whole year.
  4. Be proactive, not reactive: If you know you have a holiday party with friends, co-workers, or family, have an IsaLean Bar or IsaLean Shake an hour or so before you go out. That way, you’ll fill up on a good source of protein and won’t come to the party hungry for sugary treats and fattening snacks.
  5. Try the “85/15” rule: Laura and Scott suggest abiding by the 85/15 rule, where 85 percent or about six out of seven of your choices are health-conscious, and the other 15 percent allows for “sprinkling a little fun” in your day. The holidays and life in general are about having fun with family and friends, which often includes unhealthy food choices. When you keep about 85 percent of your nutrition choices health-conscious, you don’t need to feel bad about indulging in the occasional treat.
  6. Get off the rollercoaster mentality of guilt: Enjoying those holiday goodies doesn’t mean you’re bad or you’ve failed. Life is what it is; just aim to stay on the smooth track toward optimal health by trying again the next day.
  7. Manage holiday stress with Adaptogens: We all have a little extra stress over the holidays. Traveling, entertaining family, and dealing with the shopping crowds can be stressful. Equip your body with products like Ionix® Supreme, t+ Chai, and e+™ to help you start the holiday season feeling prepared, focused, and stress-free.

By Mandy L.

Eat Clean, Get Fit………Buy Isagenix