One of the main active ingredients in the new Isagenix product, AMPED Nitro, is the potent, pump-building Nitrosigine®.
AMPED Nitro provides 1500 mg of Nitrosigine per serving, an amount selected based on several recent scientific publications. Notably, over three separate studies, 1500 mg of Nitrosigine was found to effectively be absorbed, improve focus, and support blood flow in exercised individuals (1-3).
Developed with silicon and inositol, Nitrosigine or “inositol-stabilized arginine silicate” is a patented complex. Arginine is a metabolic precursor to nitric oxide. Silicon is an abundant trace element found in many plant-based foods. It’s also one of the keys to making Nitrosigine work so well. Silicon appears to enhance the bioavailability of arginine (not to mention that it also plays an important role in skin, hair, nails, immune, and bone health) (4).
Unlike other preworkout products that use L-arginine or arginine HCL, Nitrosigine boasts a form that is much more bioavailable and that’s paramount as increased serum levels can effectively increase production of nitric oxide. The additional nitric oxide boost can also promote relaxation of smooth muscle in blood vessels, which increases blood flow to the muscles, leading to improved muscle function and stamina.
Increased Blood Flow to Muscles
In a clinical evaluation of the safety and efficacy of Nitrosigine, researchers gave healthy young males 1500 mg per day over 14 days (1). They found Nitrosigine to be substantially more bioavailable than arginine alone and it led to increased serum arginine levels within just 30 minutes. Nitric oxide levels also stayed elevated for over several hours. Within the parameters of this study, the researchers also concluded that Nitrosigine was safe and well tolerated. It’s been accepted by the FDA and affirmed as generally safe for use in dietary nutritional supplements.
In a follow-up study, researchers sought to examine the benefits of Nitrosigine as a workout ingredient in healthy adults (2). In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study with a crossover design, healthy subjects consumed 1500 mg Nitrosigine for four days and completed an intense leg workout. The study found that Nitrosigine significantly increased preworkout energy levels, increased blood flow to muscles, and decreased biomarkers of muscle damage immediately after a workout and during recovery.
Not Just for Muscles
Most recently, researchers found that a dose of 1500 mg of Nitrosigine significantly improved performance of complex cognitive tests requiring mental flexibility, processing speed, and executive functioning (3). The scientists theorized that Nitrosigine’s effects were due to increased blood flow and enhanced delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the brain.
Its effects on mental performance are an additional benefit for athletes who are faced with quick decisions during competition, especially in field and team sports (5).
Taken together, the findings of these studies make Nitrosigine an exciting new supplement for improving exercise and athletic performance. AMPED Nitro not only contains this unique form of L-arginine, but in a scientifically validated dose.
Nitrosigine is a registered trademark of Nutrition 21, LLC and is patent protected.
- Kalman DS, Feldman S, Samson A et al. A clinical evaluation to determine the safety, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of an inositol-stabilized arginine silicate dietary supplement in healthy adult males. Clin Pharmacol. 2015 Oct 7; 7:103-9.
- Rood-Ojalvo S, Sandler D, Veledar E et al. The benefits of inositol-stabilized arginine silicate as a workout ingredient. Int. Soc. Sports Nutr. 2015 Sep 12; P14.
- Kalman D, Harvey PD, Perez Ojalvo S. Randomized Prospective Double-Blind Studies to Evaluate the Cognitive Effects of Inositol-Stabilized Arginine Silicate in Healthy Physically Active Adults. Nutrients. 2016 Nov 18;8(11). pii: E736.
- Martin KR. Silicon: the health benefits of a metalloid. Met Ions Life Sci. 2013; 13:451-73.
- Han DH, Park HW, Kee BS et al. Performance enhancement with low stress and anxiety modulated by cognitive flexibility. Psychiatry Investig. 2011 Sep;8(3):221-6.
Want to see more great articles like this? Visit www.isagenixhealth.net
Eat Clean, Get Fit……Buy Isagenix!
Need fast and healthy food options? Visit our store at https://eatcleanget.fit/buy-isagenix/